Feedbacks are synonym to the reputation of a member on Bids-Plus. A feedback is formed of the rating, comment and details depending on the member. Feedbacks are therefore used to determine the performance as a buyer and/or seller, and the quality of the interaction with other members.
We at Bids-Plus believe that both buyers and sellers are equally responsable for completing transactions as both take an advantage in the finalization of the act (buyer receives item/service, seller receives compensation of the sale). That is why Bid-Plus presents an unbiased feedback system to all members where both buyers and sellers have equal rights, control and privileges when leaving feedback. This means that both buyers and sellers can leave any type of feedback (positive, neutral or negative), rating, comment and details.
With these rights, members also have the responsibility to respect the Feedback Rules stated below for all members, and the limitations imposed by Bids-Plus to regulate the use of the feedback system to minimize any possible abuse. These limitations are described for both buyers and sellers in the Feedback Limitations section below.
- There is no obligation to leave a feedback, but we advise to use the feedback system at every possible opportunity. It reflects your experience with a member which informs other members about how that member executes transactions, and in turn eventually advises you about other members for any possible future transactions.
- It is accordingly important to be cautious when leaving a feedback in that it represents the complete transaction, and not just a specific event. We all now that in any exchange errors may occur, but it is how they are corrected (if occur) that is important.
- All members and users can view all feedbacks, so be judicious when leaving feedbacks and comments as it also may affect how other members react towards you.
- Be fair, honest, concise, non-aggressive and transparent with all feedback comments. Keep exclusively to the facts as they will inform other members better that any personal abstract comments or accusatory language (liar, fraud, cheater, scam, con...).
Example: "Clear description - Great product !" and "Good buyer - fast payment" is better than "ok - thanks", and "Did not receive item - no communication" is better than "Bad seller - waist of my time !".
Strictly Forbidden in all feedback comments:
- No advertising of any form.
- No defamatory, inappropriate, abusive or bad language.
- No personally identifiable information (eg: name, address, phone number, e-mail...).
- No political, racial, sexual, religious, social remarks.
No member is allowed to intimidate or threaten any other member for any privileges, services, return, refund, replacement... whether included, or not, in the original item's description.
Any effort to intimidate a member to using feedbacks as an attempt to force any type of request, whether included in the item's description or not, is strictly forbidden.
If a member has a problem with a transaction, they should make an effort to resolving it first by contacting the other member. If the other members doesn't respond and/or resolve the issue, the Dispute Center in the member's personal account will help in resolving these issues. Members who do not respect these guidelines may be reported and will be subjected to a range restrictions including account suspension. Any abuse by a member can be reported on the My Account » Report Abuse page.
We at Bids-Plus believe that it is only appropriate for members to leave a feedback if they have respected their corresponding responsibility to the transaction. Feedbacks are therefore subject to automatic limitations depending on the member's status (a buyer or seller). These limitations are only used to regulate the feedback system, minimize any possible abuse, and protect all members. Feedbacks are thus directly linked to transactions, so the limitations depend on the member's liability to the transaction as detailed below.
Buyers may leave a feedback to sellers once they have respected their commitment to the transaction, that is the completion and confirmation of payment.
Bids-Plus encourages direct payments (account balance (e-Wallet), PayPal...) from buyers for purchases as these payments are automatically confirmed by the system and offer buyer protection. If the seller doesn't confirm an offline payment, the buyer can always resort to a Non-Received Item dispute where the payment details will be asked and can be checked by the seller, and regulated (with proof of payment) if reported by the buyer via the dispute to the site mediator.
Sellers may leave a feedback to buyers once they have respected their commitment to the transaction, that is the sending and/or completion of the transaction.
If the buyer doesn't pay for a transaction, the seller can always resort to an Unpaid Item dispute for resolution, or cancellation if both buyer and seller agree not to complete the transaction on the current terms, and FSF (Final Sale Fee) refund to the seller if eligible (see Disputes section for more details).
The result is that all members may leave any feedback once they have respected their own obligations to the transaction:
- For Buyers: A feedback on the quality of the service, the communication, and/or item received from the seller.
- For Sellers: A feedback on the payment, the communication, and/or the respect of the information available to the buyer.
If the Feedback Rules and Feedback Limitation are respected, Bids-Plus cannot intervene to arbitrate, modify, or erase any feedback as we also have to honor the commentaries of our members if they comply to the site's rules and policies.
The rating calculation is direct and represents the amount of positive feedbacks over the total amount of feedbacks received (positive and negative), and illustrated as a percentage.
- A member who has 5 negative feedbacks in the last 100 feedbacks received gets a rating of 95% ( 95 p / 100 total p+n x 100 = 95% ).
- A member who has 9 negative feedbacks in the last 532 feedbacks received gets a rating of 98.3% ( 523 p / 532 total p+n x 100 = 98.3% ).
- A member who has 3 negative feedbacks in the last 2096 feedbacks received gets a rating of 99.9% ( 2093 p / 2096 total p+n x 100 = 99.9% ).
(p = positive feedback; n = negative feedback)
• Positive feedbacks are feedbacks rated at 5 or 4 stars (excellent or good).
• Negative feedbacks are feedbacks rated 1 or 2 stars (not good or low).
• Neutral feedbacks are not used to calculate the feedback rating as have no value and is rated 3 stars (average).
The result is in fairness to all members where the feedback rating is only altered if a member receives a star rating less or equal to 2 (low or not good) as Bids-Plus considers that members should only be penalized if the rating for a transaction is below average. If a member never receives a rating less than 3 stars, their rating will remain at 100%.
The feedback details for a member can be viewed via the View Feedback link on any item description page posted by the member (Seller Information box), or on the Feedback » My Feedback page in the member's personal account. The details provided include the username of the sender, rating, date, comment, View Details link and type of feedback. The details link yields the optional feedback details provided by the feedback sender on the services rendered depending on the feedback receiver's status (buyer or seller).
Buyers can receive feedback details on their communication, payment and respect of the information provided in the item's description.
Sellers can receive feedback details on their communication, shipping and quality of the item's description.
Members may leave feedbacks to other members via the Buy » Won Items or Sell » Sold Items page in the member's personal account (depending on member's status buyer or seller respectively). Single and/or multiple feedbacks simultaneously is possible on the Feedback » Write Feedback page in the member's personal account. For multiple simultaneous feedbacks, the member must select desired transactions and click the bottom proceed button. Only one feedback rating, comment and no feedback details are possible when posting multiple feedbacks simultaneously. All options are available when posting a feedback using the single method. All feedback comments and feedback details are limited to 80 characters. Members must read and respect the Feedback Rules and Feedback Limitations sections above when leaving feedback.
Feedbacks can only be reported by members if they do not comply with the Feedback Rules and Feedback Limitations detailed above. If the rules and limitations are respected, Bids-Plus cannot intervene to arbitrate, modify, or erase any feedback as we also have to honor the commentaries of our members who in turn comply to the site's rules and policies.
• The member should contact the sender of a believed unjustified feedback from the Feedback » My Feedback page in the member's personal account Contact Member link to request a possible modification if an error, issue, or problem was resolved. The receiver must respect the final decision of the sender.
• Suspected feedbacks can only be reported from the Feedback » My Feedback page in the member's personal account Report Feedback link only if they do not respect the Feedback Rules and Feedback Limitations section detailed above.
Any feedbacks that do not respect Bids-Plus rules and policies may be modified and/or erased at our full discretion. Members who do not comply to the feedback rules and policies will be informed and risk a Rule Violation strike and possible account suspension.